One easy way to enhance the look of your kitchen is to change the coloring of your cabinetry. Stains and paints are fantastic finishes that can completely change the aesthetics and mood of your kitchen. But which one is best?
Paint vs. Stain
Here is a quick guide to help you determine when to paint your kitchen cabinets and when to stain them:
When to Paint
Painting is an ideal option if you:
- Don’t want blemishes on the cabinet to show
- Have cabinets that are constructed with medium-density fiberboard (MDF)
- Want a wide variety of color options
- Desire a clean aesthetic that is crisp and smooth
When to Stain
Staining is best for when you:
- Want to highlight the texture and coloring of the cabinet wood
- Need a finish that you can touch up easily
- Don’t need to worry about hiding dust
- Desire a classy finish that will match other pieces of wood furniture
Pros and Cons of Painting and Staining
- Longer-lasting results
- Lower maintenance required
- Easier for DIY homeowners
- Lower cost, typically
- Washable paints are easier to clean and have better water resistance
- Changing paint colors won’t necessarily affect the aesthetic of other woods in the kitchen
- Less expensive wood can be painted to look more luxury
Enhance Your Kitchen Aesthetic with the Right Lighting
One of the most affordable ways to transform your space visually, while maximizing comfort is to control the interior lighting in your kitchen and surrounding rooms. Window shades are exceptional resources that enable you to easily adjust the amount of natural light in the room. Manual and motorized interior window shades are available from Polar Shades and are easy to control, so you always have optimum lighting to show off your cabinets and other decor.
Our shades are manufactured domestically, and come in a wide variety of colors, fabrics, materials, styles, and openness factors. Not only do they allow for ideal lighting, they also offer the following benefits:
- Reduced energy bills. Our shades block the sun and UV rays, which reduces heat inside your home and keeps your air conditioner from having to work overtime in the summer. This saves you money on your energy bill.
- Luxury appearance. Window shades are sleek and stylish and add an elevated aesthetic to any room. They are an affordable upgrade that gives a touch of modern luxury.