It's a moment you've been looking forward to with great anticipation: you have new motorized shades on your windows. To prepare for their arrival, you cleaned your indoor windows thoroughly so the entire effect would be picture perfect.
As you enjoy how Polar Shades framed your windows with color and style, you notice something is blurring the lovely new picture you've created. It's dirt clinging to the outside window.
Vinegar and water worked its magic before – leaving your indoor windows in a state of unparalleled clarity that leaves commercial cleaners in the dust. Vinegar and water will work again as you move your cleaning efforts outdoors.
Gather your cleaning tools
White vinegar will lead the charge, but you will need a few other tools, too:
- Liquid dish soap
- Garden hose
- Microfiber cloth (and a sponge mop or microfiber mop on a pole for tall windows)
- Spray bottle
- Rubber-bladed squeegee
- Paper towels
Watch the dirt disappear
It can be an eye-opener to see how such a simple mixture of vinegar and water can leave your windows in such a pristine state, but it pays to remember: outdoor windows are usually covered in more dirt. So be prepared to redouble some of these cleaning efforts, based on the condition of your outdoor windows:
- Place a few drops of liquid dish soap into a bucket before filling it with cool water.
- Remove surface dirt from the window with a hose.
- Saturate the microfiber cloth with the soapy solution, wring it slightly and wash the window from top to bottom. For tall windows, use a sponge mop or a microfiber mop on a pole.
- Rinse the window thoroughly with the hose.
- Mix equal parts of vinegar and water in a spray bottle.
- Spray the solution onto the window.
- Wipe the window dry with the rubber-bladed squeegee, working from top to bottom. Wipe the blade with a microfiber cloth or paper towel after each stroke.
- Attack stubborn dirt, grime and bird droppings by saturating them with the vinegar and water solution and letting it stand for a few minutes before removing. Repetitive efforts are better than using a scrubbing pad or steel wool, both of which could scratch the window.
Focus on window screens, too
Be sure not to overlook any window screens; they contribute as you look out your windows from inside your home. Get your screens clean by:
- Spraying them lightly with a hose
- Spraying the screen with the vinegar and water solution
- Letting them air-dry thoroughly
With your windows sparkling clean both indoors and out, you'll finally be in a position to enjoy how Polar Shades has transformed your windows into alluring focal points. Know Polar Shades produces its own products and inspects and tests them thoroughly before shipping. Just as you will enjoy a clear view with newly cleaned windows, Polar Shades takes a decidedly clear view of its own: on its customer's complete satisfaction with the style and function of its world-class shades.